Job Title: University Library Technical Librarian
Job Start Date: April or May 2018
Job Status: Full-time Probationary
- Supervises the Technical Section.
- Catalogs and classify books and other useful reading materials.
- Supervises the mechanical processing of books and other materials.
- Keeps and maintains an up-to-date record of library inventory, lost books, donations, book
discarded and/ or withdrawn from collections.
- Assists in conducting library inventory.
- Evaluates performance of staff assigned to the technical section.
- Performs collection analysis and evaluation.
- Handles acquisition of library materials.
- Prepare and keep records of library acquisitions.
The following are the qualifications:
- A graduate of Bachelor of Library and Information Science with PRC license.
- Preferably with units in MLIS or a master’s degree in Library and Information Science.
- With good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Has the ability to work with a team.
- Has high-level of knowledge in the internet, Integrated library system, and computer skills.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a librarian.
Deadline for Job Posting: May 2018