The Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology (MedTech) Program aims to produce medical technologists who are professionally competent, excellent and holistic in clinical and laboratory science both in local and global health care system.
The Medical Technology Education aims to:
- develop the knowledge, attitudes, and skills in the performance of clinical laboratory procedures needed to help the physician in the proper diagnosis, treatment, prognosis and prevention of diseases;
- develop skills in critical and analytical thinking to advance knowledge in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science and contribute to the challenges of the profession;
- perform accurately data gathering, processing and encoding into the computer system in order to identify clinical problem and apply research findings to promote evidence-based and creative practice;
- provide students with opportunities and sufficient exposure to the community to develop their respect and appreciation of diverse culture and develop a relevant community involvement program to the needs of the community;
- possess good communication and human relation skills for effective and healthy interaction with health care professionals; and
- uphold moral and ethical values in the service of society and in the practice of the profession.
Complete Subject Catalogue (Click to Download)